Tuesday, September 13, 2016

To My Third 3rd Grade Class

I know that sounds kind of strange- but it's true. This is the 3rd time I've been in 3rd grade! Luckily I've gotten to be in Mr. Kliment's class every year. I'm actually in 5th grade and this year will be my last year at Ezra Baker. Next year I will move all the way up to high school. I get to skip middle school completely!

I wanted to introduce myself to you since you might have some questions. You may be wondering why I use a wheelchair and why I do not speak with words. I have a condition called Cerebral Palsy, or CP for short. When I was born I had a little trouble and that made it hard for me to be able to walk, talk and communicate. 

Another thing to know about me is that I do not see very well- I can see bright colors and movement, but it is hard for me to see faces. Sometimes it might look like I'm sleeping, but I'm really not- I just keep my eyes down when I'm trying to pay attention. My hearing is very good though. 

Another important thing to know about me is that even though I cannot do many things you do, I still like to have people talk to me, read to me, play with me, and include me in activities. I really enjoy meeting new friends and being at school. I love music and dancing and I really love swimming. After school I sometimes ride my bike, go swinging or ride my zip line! In the winter time I like to go skiing and sledding.

I also love to spend time with my family and go on adventures. My family always finds a way for me to participate in whatever we do. You can read all about my summer adventures here

Some other interesting facts about me are that I was born in California and I moved here when I was six. My other classroom is across the hall with Mrs. Johnson. I hope some of you will be able to visit my class sometimes. I have a little brother named Liam and he is 8. My little sister is named Addy and she is 6. Here we are on the first day of school. 
Liam, Addy and Me
I ride a cool bus to school that has a lift on it for my chair!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all and graduating with you at the end of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...