Monday, September 3, 2018

Summer Highlights 2018

As many of you know, I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted everyone to know that I am ok and healing well. I have to wear this weird stretchy band around my stomach for awhile, but other then that I am back to normal and TONUS is slowly waning. I have to go back to the hospital every couple of weeks so they can adjust the dose of super hero serum on my pump to find the "sweet spot." So onto more exciting stuff...

We had quite a busy summer, as usual. I like to put out some highlights to share with my class every year, and this year is REALLY important because I am going to a new school with a new teacher! I have been at the same school since I moved here 6 years ago, so this is BIG.

Here are some summer highlights....

Summer really starts at our house on the 4th of July. We always go to the Chatham Parade and sit with our friends. My brother likes to make crazy hair styles and paint his face.

Our next adventure was to Woodstock, VT. We went there with my Dad's family. He has 5 brothers and sisters and I have lots of cousins. We stayed at a big house and saw lots of cool things along the Quechee River like covered bridges and the gorge. We had family Olympics and campfires.
I got a new beach chair this summer from Cape Cod Beach Chair. They made it special for me with my name on it. It has straps so I don't slide out! I got a new bed this summer too- the head and feet lift up and down- AND it has a massager!

Of course we went to the beach A LOT! We like to spend time at the pond in the fresh water mostly, but we go to the ocean to.





I love music and had music therapy with my teacher Ms. Sara Jane. She is GREAT!

 Here I am at the hospital after my surgery with my sister, Addy.

The best part of my summer was going to Camp Jabberwocky. It is an amazing camp for people like me. We go to family camp at the end of the summer and it is so. much. fun. We did archery, visited a farm, had a talent show, ate ice cream, visited alpacas, did yoga,  went to the beach, and I even went paddleboarding!









The last thing we did this summer was go to Bourne Scenic Park to go camping. We road bikes, went swimming, danced with a band and ate s'mores!



I hate to see summer end, but I really LOVE going to school too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...