Thursday, September 20, 2012

My First Homework Assignment!

My teacher, Mrs. Johnson and Me
This year I am in 1st grade at Ezra H. Baker Innovation School in West Dennis, MA. It is a great school and I am loving it every day. My teacher is Mrs. Johnson and we have lots of aides and a nurse in our classroom. I have 5 friends in my main class, but get to go to my homeroom class for morning meeting, recess, and specials.  When I am in this class I get a special buddy who helps me, and sometimes they get to come to my other classroom and see all of the cool stuff we have there. We have lots of great specials like PE, Art, Music, Library and even Spanish! Today I got to lead the hula hoop line in PE.








Me signing in on the Smartboard
At school I also get lots of therapies. I have special people come to my class to work with me for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and vision therapy. I have a really busy schedule! My favorite part of the classroom so far is the Smartboard. Every morning I have to come and sign in on the board. We also get to read stories and play games using a switch. The screen is SO big, which makes it easier for me to see.











My first homework assignment!
Today I had to do my first homework assignment. I was kinda confused at first, but my mom was so excited about this project. It was math homework and we had to count all of the doors, windows and clocks in our house. First, we counted the doors, windows and clocks on the main floor, then we did the same upstairs. To count the doors and windows my mom would take me into a room, then knock on each door (or window) and ask me to count each knock. Then she would ask me how many there were by giving me two choices (I can make a choice between two things by holding my mom's hands and letting go of one to make my choice). In all of the rooms I answered all but one counting question correctly! My mom made tally marks on the page and then we counted the groups of 5. This part was pretty complicated, but I will get there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...