Saturday, May 3, 2014

Get My Boots and Spurs, Ma!

On May 12th Mom and I head for Texas! I think I need a 10-gallon hat to get into the state! We will be there for four days having evaluations, tests and stem cell treatment. I will be one of 30 children in the country who get to take part in a clinical trial for people with cerebral palsy. This trial is looking at the efficacy of using stem cells from bone marrow (15 children) or cord blood (15 children) as a treatment for kids with CP. You can read more about the process in my Mom's post from last month.

It has been an exciting spring for me. Not only do I get to go to Texas (just mom and me!), I also had a fabulous trip over spring break. Here are a few highlights:

Baltimore, MD- First we visited my Aunties and Cousin for Easter weekend. We went to the aquarium, DC, and had an Easter egg hunt.
Bubbles at the Aquarium
Watching the dolphins at the Baltimore Aquarium

Coloring eggs at Cousin Beck's house
Me flying a plane at the Air and Space Museum
Voyager

Rockets
Pres. Obama's House (notice I'm really excited)
Honest Abe Memorial (I'm still not so happy)
Washington Monument in the distance (I'm barely hanging in)
Norristown, PA- Next we headed to The Family Hope Center near Philadelphia. They develop my home therapy program. Mom and I spent two days at the center working while Addy, Liam and Dad went to the local zoo and Valley Forge. They played at the center with me and the other kids who were working too. We always meet people from all over the world! This trip we met kids from Norway, Italy, and the UK! We are so busy when we are here that we only took one picture!
Me working with a new machine at the Family Hope Center
NYC, NY- Our last stop was to Manhattan! We love visiting the Upper West Side to see my Marcy. She gives me movement lessons, and then we get to go have fun in the city. This time we went to the American Museum of Natural History, the Statue of Liberty, and 9/11 Memorial. We even got to ride the subway (which is a little crazy since we have to take unusual routes to find stops with elevators).
Hanging out in Riverside Park
Subway!
On the ferry to the Statue of Liberty
Lady Liberty
I am looking forward to my trip to Houston and want to thank everyone who has helped me to get there. We are about half-way to our goal and would greatly appreciate you passing along my story to others who may be able to help.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...