Thursday, November 6, 2014

Busy times...

It's going to be a busy few weeks for me. Luckily, my secretary is really good at logistics! Between October 31 and November 14th, a lot is happening. Of course October 31st was an exciting day for me because of Halloween! For the past three years Mom and Dad have designed my costumes. This year Dad took the lead and made me a...
COAST GUARD BOAT!!!

There were lights and a siren too!
It was probably my coolest costume yet! I had a real USCG uniform too! My buddy Maeve was a cowgirl riding a horse- she's so cute!

Here I am in my parade at school. People even clapped!
 We went trick or treating with our friends too! Liam and Addy were community helpers too- a police officer and a fire fighter!

Two days later it was my birthday! On November 2nd I turned 9 years old! There was a Noreaster that day so we didn't get to do much. We stayed home in the morning and played games. Mom put a candle in my breakfast. We went out to see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It was pretty funny! We had cheesecake after dinner.

The week after my birthday I spent a lot of time going to clinics at Children's Hospital Boston. I saw seven doctors or therapists (OT, adaptive communication, pediatrician, neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, physiatrist, anesthesiologist) in two days! Mom and I were really tired!

This weekend I am having my birthday party! There is a firetruck coming! I'm so excited to hang out with the firefighters! There will be lots of friends from school, the Coast Guard, and my family. It's going to be  a great time.

The day after my party Mom and I head to Texas for a revisit with the clinical trial team at University of Texas. It will be a quick trip, just over one night.

Then, on November 14th I will have my quadruple procedure surgery that was postponed from last month due to a cough. Hopefully my stuffy nose won't get worse, so we can get this surgery behind me.

I'm going to need a lot of rest to get through to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...