Monday, June 26, 2017

Hot Wheels!

This must be the year of the wheel- because they keep coming my way! At the end of last year I got a new wheel chair and a new handicapped accessible vehicle- practical wheels, but ones I use every day. Now here we are in June and I have received more wheels! But these are different because they are FUN WHEELS! 

The first set of fun wheels I got was from an organization called JJ's Toys for Friends.  They make amazing adaptive equipment for people like me in memory of their son JJ. They gave me a new jogging stroller that can turn into a bike trailer, AND it also has pop on beach wheels! We have been waiting for something like this for a long time. 
Here I am attached to my mom's bike
Here I am at the beach with the big wheels
I can't wait to use these fun wheels all summer long! My family likes to go on bike rides and to the beach, so it will get lots of use. Just wait until you see the next set of wheels...

A special group at the University of Rhode Island, called Lil' Rhody Riders, created an adaptive ride on car for me.  It is a collaborative project between the physical therapy and engineering departments. It is so amazing! I can push a button and make it go all by myself! Or we can switch modes and my mom or dad can drive me with a remote control. It is going to be so fun riding around my neighborhood this summer!

This is going to be a great summer! Thanks so much to JJ's Toys for Friends and Lil' Rhody Riders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...