Tuesday, September 5, 2017

2017 Summer Happenings

We took it easy this summer on Cape Cod! Ha ha- just kidding- do you know my Mom? There is no "taking it easy" with her! Even though we didn't take many trips off Cape, we certainly kept busy around Chatham!
I enjoyed riding on my adaptive car- until the battery decided to give out. Hopefully we can get a new one soon!
I got to swing on the new adaptive swing at the Community Center- until the straps were taken off :-(
We went to visit the Pilgrim Monument in PTown...but
I didn't get to climb it. Luckily my brother didn't want to go up- so he hung out with me.
We went to the Chatham 4th of July Parade with our neighbors!
Mom and Me watching the parade
Of course we spent LOTS of time at the beach!
We went to the Kidz Bop Concert at the Melody Tent- holy cow it was AWESOME!
My mom, brother, and sister went to the concert!
Here I am- Mom and I got Rock Star seats! (Wheelchair perk;-)
My grandma, auntie and cousin came and we went to the Chatham Band Concert!
I even got to help my brother and Dad do DUMP DUTY! We have to separate all the bottles and cans. It's really gross. I supervise.
I got to be a Ninja at Liam's birthday party!
Beach time with friends

Hot Tub time with friends
Adaptive Cycling with Mom
Is that a cool set up or what?!?
 Of course my most fun time of the summer is going to Camp Jabberwocky for family camp. Camp Jabberwocky is on Martha's Vineyard and is an amazing camp for kids with disabilities. We have SO much fun! Here is a glimpse!
Our cabin: Slithy Toves
A visit from some alpacas
Adaptive rock climbing
I got pulled way up high!
It was so fun to be hanging in the air.
Meditation with a Sound Bath (all kinds of sounds)

Riding a raft in the ocean with friends
Relaxing in our beach holes with Dad
Riding on a huge Catamaran with Mom and Dad
It was a perfect day for a boat ride
Spending time with my camp friend, Maeve
 So what do you think..."taking it easy" summer?

1 comment:

Tri For Kai- 15 year old Edition

To celebrate me turning 15 we signed up to do a triathlon! Today I raced the triathlon as MYSELF. I have always raced in the past with Mom a...